Pinterest

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Washi Tape Challenge


The latest challenge at Alphabet Challenge Blog is U for Use Washi Tape.  As a former design team member, I love the challenges on this blog.  I used the washi tape to decorate my decorative oval diecut and layered it over foam for dimension.
 
 

I used an extra wide washi tape and covered a piece of cardstock.  I ran it through my Vagabond with this oval cutting die.  Washi over cardstock is prettier than patterned paper because the tape gives it a translucent tissue effect.


I cut the layered butterfly from Tonic Studios Satin Cobalt cardstock - so luxurious!  The butterfly die has a solid layer and then a decorative cut out layer cut from the same cardstock.  I only adhered the center of the butterfly so the wings could stand up a bit.  I usually layer different papers together, but this satin cardstock is pretty by itself.  I added Silver Petals gems from Nuvo for the butterfly body.  I layered the oval over more Tonic Studios satin mirror cardstock.  So elegant!



3 comments:

  1. what a great way to incorporate the washi tape into your design, beautiful vintage card thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, loving the use of washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's brilliant. I love the washi tape too. Mine seems boring in comparison. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete