Pinterest

Friday, January 17, 2020

Thinking of You Sisterhood Challenge


I have been playing with Foamiran and making some really pretty flowers.  My sister gave me the Crafters Companion flower making kit for Christmas.  I have had a ton of fun playing with this super thin foam.  It cuts beautifully with thin cutting dies.  Be sure to stop by The Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog to see lots of beautiful Thinking of You cards.  


The basic supplies for making Foamiran flowers are very thin foam, flower shaped cutting dies, flower stamens, a heat source (iron or candle warmer), a balling tool and a little wire.  The balling tool and spnge mat can be used to form the flowers.


I used different styles of flowers, layered together to form textured flowers.  The thinking of you die was cut twice out of cream cardstock and once out of gold mirror cardstock and glued together to form a sturdy sentiment.


The Foamiran comes n sheets and it is so thin that you can cut multiple layers at the same time using the thin cutting dies.  This is definitely a time saver. You can cut as many layers as you want.  The more layers, the more full your flower will be.  I used three layers for each of my flowers.


I cut the sentiment and the pretty green leaves from patterned paper.  The Crystal Gems are from Nuvo (Tonic Studios).  The flower stamens came with the flower kit, but you can find them online.  These are 1mm stamens. 





This little candle warmer makes a great heat source to curl the foamiran.  It only takes a few seconds and I have less chance of burning myself with the traditional heat tool which is an iron.  



These are the flowers as I layered the pieces together.  I started with the flower stamens held together by a small piece of wire.  The foam is very thin so you can use the wire to poke holes in the centers of the flowers.  I have seen other crafters use a hole punch or an awl to make the hole, but the wire does the trick as well.
 

I love how this dimensional card came together.  This foam has so many capabilities.  Be sure to visit the Sisterhood of Crafters blog for lots of inspiration.



5 comments:

  1. This card is stunning, Jennifer! Your handmade flowers are gorgeous. I love foamiran too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation Jennifer! LOVE those flowers ... I have yet to play with this foamiran product but you've certainly inspired me to make a purchase and give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foamiran is a wonderful way to make flowers with, in fact I just got mine out yesterday. Do you heat yours also with an iron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the candle warmer instead of an iron. It worked beautifully. I would certainly burn myself if I had an iron on my craft table.

      Delete
  4. Très jolie carte.
    Merci pour le tuto.
    Bises.
    MaryannG

    ReplyDelete