Pinterest

Monday, July 14, 2014

Where Bloggers Create 2014


It is once again time for the annual "Where Bloggers Create" blog hop.  My craft space accomodates beads and card making supplies since I create both cards and jewelry.  I have one wall of craft storage dedicated to each craft.  My family has a bead and jewelry store in Joplin, Missouri, so I am fortunate to be able to create lots of jewelry whenever inspiration strikes me.  My blog is card based and I make cards for friends and family and I sell a few of them in our store.  I have an entire room for my crafting space which has a table in the center where my children can sit with me.  This room used to be the living room, but since we have a den I decided to take over.  I have never regretted getting rid of the second television.  I hope you enjoy the pictures of my creative space.




 This is the corner where my two crafts meet.  The bookshelves contain card making supplies and the other wall holds all of my beads and findings.  Since last year's blog hop, I have added a few new things and re-organized several drawers, but my basic layout is the same.

 
I am addicted to anything Tim Holtz, so I keep my Distress Paints and Stains where I can see them.  The labeled drawers contain tags, Stickles and more.  I have a couple of nails in the edges of the bookcases so that I can display my most recent tags.  I love having pretty things around for inspiration.  This was a tag that I made while visiting my sister last month.


I still have two containers for my flower embellishments and the black, skinny drawer organizer is my absolute favorite organization tool.  I now have two of them, stacked on top of each other.  I love the way embellishments don't get lost on the bottoms of the drawers because every drawer is shallow.

 
 
One of the changes I have made since last year's hop is that I made a space for my ATG and paper cutter under the table which is within reach when I am sitting at the table.  I found it frustrating to have to get up every time I wanted to cut or adhere something.  This simple rearragning has made my card making time more enjoyable.
 
 
I used to keep my paper puches stored in a box so I rarely used them.  Now they have a shelf at eye level so that I can find them easily.  I find that I use them much more often now that they are out.  The large tower of drawers on the right is a new addition.  I found that I needed more storage for my ever growing collection of vintage lace and seam binding ribbon.
 


These are my bead and finding drawers.  Even though there are a zillion little drawers, it is very easy to find anything because every drawer is labeled.  Having my drawers organized and labeled makes all the difference.  I never liked to waste valuable craft time searching for items.

I hope you enjoyed the tour of my craft space.  I am very lucky to have such a great place to work.  Be sure to visit the other "Where Bloggers Create" participants for lots of inspiration.


22 comments:

  1. your creative space is gorgeous Jennifer!
    you have such an amazing collection of paper crafting items ... love all the decorative paper punches & everything is so wonderfully organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. is gorgeous Jennifer, I like your space! I dream of having a space at home.hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jennifer what space!! your craft room is amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I'm a fellow late arrival at the party. What a lovely, colourful lot of stash! Wish I could have a proper look.=)

    My post is here: http://sew-in-love.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/where-bloggers-create-link-party-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loads to inspire here Jennifer. I am having a giveaway on my blog.. I'm a new follower.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your space, Jennifer! You are so well organized. I would love to go through all those storage drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your craft room, especially how organized all of your jewelry components are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great storage system. It's good to see another lover of clear drawers. You have a great space! I'm sure you create some great things there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is fantastic! I am also a card maker, and have just started to dabble in jewelry making, so I am so jealous of your family's store! Thanks so much for sharing your room tour with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very happy to see that I am not the only one who adores Tim Holtz and his products!!!! His entrance into the world of creating art was a dream come true. For US!!!! No one does it better and I think you might agree ;) I love your space and organization. I need you to come over and tag all my stuff. I've only been meaning to do it for two years now. It may not matter to Romeo but it would be helpful to me. Thanks so much for sharing your room for creating with us! Loved it!!!!

    "her" and Romeo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an impressive organized creative space! I'm sure lots of fun creative work goes on in here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Jennifer! I want to pop on over and have a real life tour of all of that wonderfulness! We crafters are all alike, aren't we? Lots and lots and lots of treasures. Loved seeing your space... I can't believe that huge/wide/tall group of drawers. PURE HEAVEN!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for coming by my little closet sewing room! If you have any Christmas cards I would love it if you would post them on my Count Down To Christmas linky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun :) I love all Your goodies for crafting.How nice to turn a whole living room into Your craft room.Thank You for visiting Me and leaving a comment.Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good grief! That's a lot of drawers. I'll bet you know what's in everyone of them too. I had to downsize so I got rid of a lot of my stuff. I don't think I ever had that much though. It's a fun hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great storage and your space is perfect! Perused your blog and now I'm inspired to get my papers out again. Thanks for sharing.

    ❥❥❥.¸¸¸ Helena

    ReplyDelete
  17. however do you reach things on the top lol! my space is small & things have to go in the up direction too lol! love your creative space, you has that invite you in feel

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic creative space. Love how your little creative elements are organized. Thanks for visiting my studio and commenting. Wishing you a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Jennifer, Sorry I had to reply here. You have no email available. I'm not sure why you cant find the list. It's still right there under my post. Here is the link again just in case. :)
    http://www.mydesertcottage.com/2014/07/welcome-to-where-bloggers-create-2014.html
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!!! I love your space and ALL the storing ideas. I would love to come over and plunder thru all your paper crafting supplies... It is so organised... Thanks for sharing your AMAZING space.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you have amazing storage and it is so well organized! Your cards are gorgeous! Happy to be a new follower.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  22. what is so striking about your space is the fabulous storage and organization, jennifer! this room must be wonderful to create in! love your papercrafts, too!

    ReplyDelete