Pinterest

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Vintage Birdie Card

 
The current challenge at Fussy and Fancy Challenge is "Vintage".  I chose a vintage bird postcard print.  The little berries on the branches needed a little stickling.  I inked the edges of the bird postcard with a little distress ink.

 
I whipped out my little Singer sewing machine made just for paper.  The machine is very easy to thread and it has 8 different stitches.  I don't use it very often, but I should!


 
I wanted the embossed paper layer around the bird to be a little more shabby, so I started by fraying the edge with a Distress Edge Tool.  I added a little white distress stain but it wasn't bright enough so I added white distress paint too.
 

The background is a map from the phone book with a quilt pattern overlay that I cut with my CraftRobo machine. No vintage card is complete without a little vintage lace and some crystals. I hope you are inspired to create something vintage.

 
 

2 comments: