Pinterest

Monday, February 3, 2014

Seems a Little Sketchy Card



This evening I created a card based on a sketch challenge at Seems a Little Sketchy.  They have great sketches sure to inspire you.  I decided to turn the sketch on its side.  I started by layering rectangles of patterned paper and I topped the last layer with a dressform sticker.  The flowers include Tim Holtz metal flowers that have been tinted with distress paint and stain and paper flowers that have been curled to add dimension.  Pretty much everything has a little distress on the edges.  I like to use Frayed Burlap - I use it the most.  The pearl and crystal swirls add just the right touch.



 
Here is the inspiration sketch.

4 comments:

  1. A mi me gusto mucho tu tarjeta. Es encantadora. Feliz de haber encontrado tu blog.
    Saludos desde Chile
    Maru
    http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love how you turned the sketch and your flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the frayed burlap in distress inks! This is adorable in vintage! Thx for joining us at Seems a Little Sketchy!!!

    ReplyDelete