Pinterest

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Using Masks to Create Backgrounds

Every now and then I like to get the tags out and play with backgrounds.  Today I used Dylusions spray ink with masks from Tattered Angels and Tim Holtz.  Dylusions inks come in beautiful, bold colors.  When you use spray ink with plastic masks, you wind up with a coating of ink on the template.  Instead of wiping the mask off, try using it as a stamp.
 

 
 
Step 1.  Place the mask over the tag and spray different areas with different colors of ink. 

Step 2.  Carefully remove the mask from the tag, being careful not to smudge your tag.  Place the mask face up on your work area.

Step 3.  Place a second tag facedown on the mask and press down.

Now you have a beautiful pattern on your second tag.  You can always use an embossing tool to dry the ink.  In my next post, I will show you what I created with a few of these spray ink tags.



1 comment: