Pinterest

Monday, January 6, 2014

Colorful Spray Ink Tags

Now that all of the Christmas cards and thank you cards have been handed out, I get to create something with bright colors.  I created a few colorful, springtime tags using Dylusions ink and masks today.  We are covered in several inches of snow, so I thought I would try to chase the cold away by using vivid colors.  I added flowers, butterflies, gems and lace to the backgrounds.  Hand dyed vintage seam binding tops them off.

 
 
Here is one of the Tattered Angels masks that I used to create a flourish on the edges of the tags.  First I sprayed each tag with a background color, then I sprayed a different color over the mask.  On the lightest tag, I also used the inked mask as a stamp.  I sprayed the middle tag with water to blend the colors and I got a mottled design.  Perfect! 

 
 
I used Distress ink around a Tim Holtz flower mask after I dried the Dylusions ink with my embossing gun.  I was careful to only go just around the edges of the mask because I didn't want to cover up the lighter green background.  I love the way the ink really makes the flower pop.  The snow is still piling up outside, but the sun is shining on my new, bright tags.
 
 
 
And here are closeups of three of the finished tags.
 
 
 
I am entering these tags in the following challenges:
 
Pile It On - Just Because
ABC Challenges - C is for Colorful
Fairies Challenges - Flowers and Lace
Lexi's creations - Anything Goes
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely set of tags, so great for our challenge, C is for Colourful at The ABC Challenge. Thanks for joining us, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. what lovely tags thanks for sharing with lexis creations this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is so brilliant and vivid!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tags, they'd certainly chase the cold away. Thanks for playing along at Fairy Challenge blog
    Hugs, Teresa DT Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete