Pinterest

Monday, April 1, 2013

April - 12 Tags of 2013


Here is my April Tag inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013.  I used several different elements than Tim's inspiration tag, but I can still see where the idea came from.  I love to use Distress Stain to make backgrounds and I can't wait for the new Distress Metallic Paint that I ordered to get here.  I used one my Inkadinkado Stamping Gears to stamp the flourish background.  I stamped the dragonfly on the tag as well as on a piece of acetate.  Then, I cut out the wings and attached them with Tim's Tiny Attacher.  I had a ball painting the metal flowers and leaves with acrylic paint.  I used Distress Stain to deepen the green color of the vintage seam binding for the top.  I love the rustic, yet feminine look.  The rhinestones and lace sticker is actually one piece that I picked up at Michaels.

Tim Holtz has always been super inspirational for me.  I LOVE pretty much everything he does and I know that his products will be great.  I like companies that actually use the products they manufacture and you can always tell that Tim uses his.  The little things like lids that fit on the other end, dies that fit stamps, distress stain containers that never leak and coordinating colors for everything.  These details make using Tim Holtz products even more inspiring.

5 comments:

  1. I love the victorian/vintage feel of your tag. Very nice interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty! I like the lace down the one side. The colors you used are really cool and I like that you made it more feminine by using flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your take on Tims tagis so lovely!

    ReplyDelete