Pinterest

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Creative Card Challenge #5



This card is for the 5th challenge in the 75 Creative Card Challenges magazine.  My sister and I are working through the entire magazine and this challenge is to make a quilt card.  I chose a quilt patterned diecut that I cut with my CraftRobo machine.  This is something I cut a long time ago and I am glad that I was able to clear a tiny bit of the stash.  I used K & Co. flower diecuts, handmade paper leaves and leaf corsage pins for the bouquet.  I love the sparkly border and I used a Martha Stewart punch for the edge accented with distress ink.  I am submitting this card to the TCP Tuesday Challenge which is flowers and also to Mark's Finest Papers punched border challenge.  The Allsorts Challenge Blog is also having a flowers challenge.  There are so many fun challenge blogs out there!


 
Since I had leftover cardstock and extra border already punched, I thought I would whip up a tag.  I usually freehand tag shapes, but I actually used my Martha Stewart scoreboard to mark the tag top.  For some reason, it looks so much better when I use a tool.  The purple flower and leaves are more diecuts from my machine that I made ages ago.  The leaves have been covered with diamond glaze for more dimension.  I think it turned pretty well for scraps.  I entered this tag in the CYDI? Butterflies Challenge and the Flutterby Wednesday #253 Challenge.

13 comments:

  1. this is so striking and fantastic!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card - lovely colours

    Thanks for dropping by earlier and please do dig out those parchment tools.
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! this is just gorgeous my favourite colour too love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely colors and very lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty thanks for sharing at fbw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jennifer and so lovely to have a matching tag.

    Thanks so much for joining in my 'Passion for Flowers' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--this is just stunning!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just plain gorgeous!!! Love that background die cut. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very clever card and it is perfect for the Allsorts Challenge this week. Thankyou for taking part Jo x

    ReplyDelete