Pinterest

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Black Cardstock Card Challenge


I rarely use black cardstock in my designs unless it is for an accent.  In fact I mostly have it for Halloween bats and spider webs.  My neice, Lani, decided our next card challenge should be to create something using black cardstock.


I started by embossing the Leaf Canopy stamps from Altenew with Nuvo white embossing powder.  This was a multi-step process in order to cover the whole background.  Then I used Prima Metallic Watercolors to fill in the leaves.  I thought about filling in the background with white watercolor, but in the end I left the black so the colors would pop.


I would love to see your designs using black cardstock. Click the Linky Tool below to show us your creation. 




2 comments:

  1. Oh this is super and I bet its even more pretty in real life with the metallic shimmer, Have a nice weekend, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun using black card stock I never do that. Really love how the neon colors pop.

    ReplyDelete