Pinterest

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Kids Card


The theme of the newest challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters is "kids".  I created this colorful birthday card with an adorable llama die cut.  Be sure and visit the challenge blog to see what my talented teamies have created, and of course, show us your card for kids as well.



I created the background using various washi tape strips.  This was a fun use of my zillion washi tape colors.  I put down an extra large area of tape and then trimmed with my paper cutter before mounting onto a standard sized card base.


I cut a frame from cream cardstock using two unbranded dies taped together.  I love the stitched edge on these frames.  The Happy Birthday die cut was cut from cream cardstock as well. 


I decided that the cream happy birthday did not stand out against the busy washi tape background so I decided to color it.  I used my Arteza brush markers (see below link).  These are amazing brush markers.  I love the color range and the value.

For the little llama, I layered glitter cardstock over gold mirrorcard.  He is so cute!


I also inked up a batch of banners.  I started with regular cardstock and inked it up with various colors of Distress Oxide ink.  I inked before I cut since it is so much easier than trying to color cut items.
 You can find these banners in my Etsy store, PaperiebyJennifer.



3 comments:

  1. OMG this is SO cute!! LOVE his hat! Did you know your fabulous card also fits the 'banner' challenge over on Double D? Here' the link if you'd like to share: http://daranddiane.blogspot.com/2020/04/banners-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this card, Jennifer! The colors and design are amazing! So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, What a fun use of Washi Tape!Thank you for the nice instructions!

    ReplyDelete