Pinterest

Friday, September 12, 2014

Things with Wings Challenge





Live & Love Crafts is hosting a Things with Wings challenge for September.  The design team has made some pretty fabulous cards for inspiration.  I made mine a little over the top.  I started with Tim Holtz paper for my background and then added vintage nest and bird pictures.  Vintage lace was a must for this one.  I punched a lace strip with a Martha Stewart punch for the bottom and added an inked doily at the top.  I embossed grunge board filigrees with embossing enamel from Stampendous.  The feathers are real ones from our Guineas.  I painted the birdcage to soften and age it a little.  I embellished with pearl gems, flowers and an embossed metal filigree from our store, Dry Gulch.  It was a lot of fun to make such an extravagant card.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece you created for the Things with Wings challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer..........Your card is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! So many nice details :-) Thanks for joining us at LLC this month. DT Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jennifer,
    Beautiful bird images and a very elegant card, full of details. Thanks for linking up to LLC's wings-challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete