Pinterest

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Happy Spring


The newest challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters is Spring.  I love it when winter fades into warm days and lots of garden blooms.


I started by coloring watercolor paper with Distress Oxide sprays in shades of blue and purple.  I used these papers to die cut the pot and the little forget-me-not flowers.


I added tiny iridescent crystals to all of the flower centers.  The macrame plant hanger is an unbranded die.


 I used a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp for the spring sentiment.  I added a little blueprint sketch oxide ink around the edges.  A little foam tape makes the sentiment strip pop.


Join us at The Sisterhood of Crafters and show us your spring inspired creations.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful hanging pot of flowers Jennifer, the gold macrame pot sets them off perfectly!
    'sistah' Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This hanging pot is just beautiful Jennifer! LOVE your design ... I might have to go in search of that die ... really cool! Great job 'sis'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design, Jennifer! Your touch of gold on the hanging flower holder looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty spring card! Your macrame sure brings back some memories. Love the gold to set off this great design. Have a great rest of your week and please stay safe, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, Hanging potted plants say "spring" for sure! Love the macrame holder, and how you created the paper for the pot and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer, I see you have a love for bluish flowers as well! And I well remember all the macrame plant hangers I made in my early 20's... I actually miss all of the wonderful fibers that were available at that time. Anyway, I love this card! Well done, Sistah! Please stay well and happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely die-cut - looks as though it's pretty fiddly to put together, but well worth the effort for this charming springtime card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete