Pinterest

Thursday, November 20, 2014

U is for Unicorn

 
The next challenge at Alphabet Challenges is "U" for Unicorn.  This challenge had me procrastinating and scared.  I have seen lots of cutesy images, and that is just not my style.  Since vintage style is my usual technique, I decided to search for an image of a vintage unicorn.  This is what I found and I think it is perfect.  I added vintage lace that came from the sleeve of a very old dress.  I layered the card with a fussy cut frame and then I distressed the edges of the unicorn printout.  Little snippets of lace, gems and sparkles make the perfect vintage embellishments.  Join us at Alphabet Challenges to see my teammates' inventive creations.  Be sure to give this challenge a try and show us what you make.

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer this is absolutely gorgeous, I love the image and your embellishments, really beautiful.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize you had a blog for your cards. I'm a huge fan of your work...and this is no exception. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzie! I am a paper addict, I confess. I am on design teams for three challenge blogs, so I post pretty regularly. Sometimes these challenges really are hard - like the unicorn! Glad you like it.

      Delete