Pinterest

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Tim Holtz November 2014 Tag


This month, I am super early with the Tim Holtz tag for November.  As usual, I had to do a lot of improvising, but I think the over all look is similar.  I used distress paints and stains to color the base tag.  I embossed the tag with a leaf design embossing folder and then inked it to bring out the leaf edges.  I used a piece of corrugated cardstock for the top layer, peeling away sections until it looked completely shabby.  I did not have the sentiment, but I found a metal label holder for my acorn ribbon.  The label holder was pink so I embossed it with fall colored embossing powder.  Since my leaf cutout was a little different than Tim's, I ran out of room at the bottom of the tag.  I added the label and metal bar to the side.  This was definitely a challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Great tag! Love your colors and improvising. I tried one like Tim's but wasn't happy with the result so need to take another stab at it.

    ReplyDelete