Pinterest

Monday, July 15, 2013

Creating Your Own Background Papers


I was so inspired after visiting different blogs who are participating in the Where Bloggers Create 2013, that I decided to create some of my own background papers.  Sandra Kaye from Sandra Kaye Designs has made some beautiful, bright papers.  I went for a more antique look, but I like how my papers turned out.  I used masks, spray inks, rubber stamps, markers, and distress paints to create unique background papers for my next cards.  I started by laying the masks on water color paper.  Then I used spray inks in different colors.  Next, I used distress paints mixed with water to create a color wash.  Then I used markers to highlight the stencil design.  On the pink and blue card, I also added a background rubber stamp design.  It was fun to use supplies that I haven't used in awhile.  Here is what I made with them.

 
I am entering these cards in the Anything Goes challenge at Sister Act Card Challenges.
 
Here are the background papers that the kids made during their art session this afternoon. 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Jennifer your pages are dynamite!! Awesome!!! Thanks fr sharing them with me...loved seeing them...make some more...I did. Yesterday!!! Will post next week. I like to leave my Studio post up for a week before I post again:):)

    ReplyDelete