Pinterest

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Patterned Paper Challenge



The new challenge at Sisterhood of Crafters is to use Patterned Paper in your project.  I chose to use this beautiful floral pattern.  It is very busy, but with a vellum diecut, it is the perfect background.  


I cut 3 layers of the Thinking of You die cut - twice from white cardstock and once from gold mirror cardstock.  The layered look of the sentiment really adds a lot of dimension to the card.  The piece is very sturdy beacuase I always use 110lb cardstock for my base.  I wish I had figured out this secret years ago. 


I embellished the card with two Swarovski flatback crystals.  The "I's" needed a little something extra.  Swarovski makes everything sparklier.


I hope you will join us at the Sisterhood of Crafters for this challenge - show us your patterned paper!


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jennifer especially with the added vellum die cut..great result.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and paper and the vellum adds such a softness. I have been using vellum a lot myself lately, it's a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW this is beautiful Jen! That vellum panel really adds softness to this pretty (but bold) floral paper! Great idea (I'll have to remember that!) And, love the dimension on your sentiment! GORGEOUS card ... thanks for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this beautiful card, Jennifer! Your designer paper is lovely and the layers to make the sentiment the focal point are perfect. Have a wonderful rest of your week, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! What a stunning creation, I have so many pieces of vellum and never use it but you have made it look simple!! Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, Jennifer! Love how you created the sentiment. The crystals and vellum are a perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, I think I have my blogger problem corrected and am trying once again to leave you a comment!

    This card is fabulous! I love the use of vellum over that stunning paper. It still allows the designer paper to show as well spotlighting the sentiment. Well done, Sistah!

    ReplyDelete