Pinterest

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Vintage Style Cards



This was a fun card to make and it was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest.  I used Tim Holtz Collage Paper and a page from an old book.  I added lots of ink, of course.  The sentiment is from the Tonic Studios monthly kit #21.  The dir cut flowers were cut from watercolor paper and inked with Distress Oxides.  The flowers and leaves are from a combination of Tim and unbranded dies.

I am entering this card in The Flower Challenge anything goes challenge.



I was inspired to use some of the Tim Holtz wall paper for this card.  I collaged watercolored flowers and a K & Co. butterfly.  The dainty thanks is made from sparkly bronze cardstock.


When I made the background for the first card, I made a second one as well.  I added diecuts and a seam binding bow.  I love the glitter diecuts.  The mum flower has a lot of texture.  I had an embossed piece of teal paper that I hadn't used that made the perfect flower diecut.  This is why I never throw really cool paper away. :)



2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards here and such lovely flowers and colour combo's too.Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a fantastic set of cards. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x

    ReplyDelete