Pinterest

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Vintage Floral Card



This card was inspired by Tim's new Sizzix release yesterday.  There are many beautiful new dies that I would love to have, but I decided to make some projects based on the examples in the video using what I already have in my stash. 


One great idea that I gleaned from the new release video was to create a dimensional background using diecuts.  First I diecut flower pieces and adhered them to a piece of heavy cardstock using Finnabair 3D Matte Gel.  Next, I painted the piece with unicorn's hair.  I wanted a more opaque color to cover the pink background, so I also added gold rush Finnabair paint and then I let it dry.  


The next step was to begin diecutting the wildflower stems.  I used the Sizzix wildflowers #2 thinlet set and cut the pieces from watercolor papers that had been colored with Lindy's sprays.  I also distressed some of the pieces with brushed corduroy distress ink.
 

Then I began layering the backgrounds together, using a piece of Tim's wallpaper that happened to be the perfect colors.  I found an enameled button and attached it with hand dyed seam binding ribbon. 
I love the shabby chic details of this piece.  





3 comments: