Pinterest

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Shaker Window Card


I created this shaker card for the My Favorite Things Sketch challenge.   I love the sequins in the windows.  I added a little sparkle for the 4 Crafty Chicks challenge.



 


I started by stamping an ornate background with Versafine black ink.  Then I colored the four window areas with different colors of Lindy's Magicals and a watercolor brush.  I used 110 lb cardstock, so it can take a little water.  I chose a decorative rectangle die to create the cutout for the windows.  



 Next, I decided to color the window frame.  I used more Lindy's Magicals to watercolor the frame with a soft aqua color.  I love the Magicals because they pack a lot of color in very little product plus they have lots of shimmer.


 I chose a matching tone background paper and mounted the window on a piece of aqua cardstock.  The tone on tone background helps make the window and the thanks show up better.


I embellished the windows with watercolored flowers that I diecut.  The thanks is a stacked diecut with metallic gold cardstock on the top.  I finished the design with a few gold open leaf diecuts.  I really like the way this one turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment