Pinterest

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tim Holtz October Tag of the Month


I have been quite the slacker when it comes to creating the Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014.  I decided I just had to create this tag for Halloween.  I did not have the exact materials that Tim used for his tag, but I had enough materials that were close.

I started off embossing the tag with an old Halloween folder and then inking with various spray inks.  I used black soot distress ink to highlight the spider web and the edges.  I found an orange pumpkin on a vintage postcard.  I used dimensional liquid embossing to create the face.  Once it was dry, I used a black soot distress marker to color the face. 

For the BOO sentiment, I used Tim Holtz alphabet stickers on wood rectangles that I found at an antique store.  I was fresh out of spiders, so I inked up an embossed grunge board skull.  I added three charms from our store to the door knocker.  The bat and pumpkin were patinaed by my daughter, Catherine.  The charms can be found at Dry Gulch Beads.  I used twine at the top.

2 comments: