Pinterest

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Water Challenge - Funkie Junkie




This card is for the Funkie Junkie Boutique Water Challenge this month.  I used Tim's Alcohol pearls on Yupo paper for the background.  For the greenery, I foiled alcohol ink paper which always adds a lot of interest.  The water plants were cut using some of Tim's funky floral dies as well as an unbranded die.   The fish was fussy cut using a fish that my daughter, Alexandra drew for me.  I searched everywhere, but couldn't find a fish stamp or diecut.  I think her fish is perfect!  I added Nuvo jewel drops for the eye.  To finish off the card, I adhered a little Distress glitter and Judikins Speckles as well as Stampendous embossing powder to create the sand. 


This isn't my usual style of card making, which is why I love the challenges.  They can really stretch your comfort zone as well as your imagination.  If you haven't tried a challenge, I encourage you to participate.  It is a good way to use supplies that have been sitting in your stash as well.  I had not used the Judikins speckles in many years, but it made perfect sand.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness what a perfect home for Alexandra's wonderful fish!!! Those alcohol pearls were just made for a shimmering underwater paradise like this and I love how you've added the sprinkle of 'sand' at the bottom to finish it off perfectly. Thank you for sharing it with us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete