Pinterest

Sunday, May 5, 2019

Dragonfly Collage


 

This month I decided to create a piece for the Lindy's Color Challenge.  I chose canvas board as my substrate and added lots of Lindy's color.


I started with Lindy's Magicals and their new Squirts.  I lovve the shimmer from the classic Magicals, but the intense color of the squirts make this an exciting new coloring medium.


 Once the background color was dry, I added texture using Bo Bunny Glitter Paste in a couple of colors using two different stencils.


Next, I added Lindy's embossing powder to select areas of the purple glitter paste.  This softened the glitter look and gave me the Lindy's color I was looking for.


This dragonfly has been in my stash for years.  This piece was too big for a card, but perfect for this larger canvas.  It is solid metal and was originally a rusted copper color.   I swiped it with embossing ink, sprinkled Lindy's embossing powders and melted.  I love the shimmery look you get from layering these powders.  

I used Lindy's squirts to color the paper clay plaques at the top and bottom of the collage.  I sprinkled a little embossing powder on them as well. 



For the leaves and flowers, I added a layer of foil leaf cutouts in purple and gold and then adhered a few pre-made flowers.  I colored  the smaller flowers with Lindy's Magicals and then finished them off with Nuvo Dream Drops.





Products used:
Lindy's Squirts: Poutine Gold and Polite People Purple
Lindy's Embossing Powder: Golden Angel Wings, Cafe Au Lait and Hydrangea Blue Mauve

Bo Bunny Glitter Paste: Pink Punch and Gold
Nuvo Dream Drops: Gold Luxe

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at Lindy's! Your project looks awesome. Please add the LSG Challenge MoodBoard Graphic to your blog post if you would like to be eligible for a prize! Hugs Heidi

    ReplyDelete