Pinterest

Monday, March 25, 2019

New Crochet Blanket


I am excited to have my second grandbaby on the way.  This, of course, means I need to get busy so this little one will have a soft blanket when he or she is born.  Since we do not know which one we are getting, I decided to use bright, cheery colors.  I am using Caron Simply Soft yarn in a granny square design.  I know that I want to make 6 squares and I couldn't really find the perfect pattern so I decided to make one up.  Once the blanket is complete, I will post the pattern.

I started with a simple circle that I squared up on rows 7-9.



I made the mistake of forging ahead without securing the tails.  I certainly know better, but sometimes it is hard to stop when you are on a roll.  I will definitely have to pay for this later.  I decided to complete all 6 squares as I go rather than waiting until one square was finished to start the second one. 



On row 10, I added a decorative surface row by using post stitches and trebles in previous rows.  I will continue to post as this project continues.

Caron Simply Soft colors used:
 Berry Blue
Soft Blue
Cool Green
Sage
Sunshine
Gold Ombre
Cobalt Blue
 

1 comment: