Pinterest

Monday, May 16, 2016

Making Colorful Backgrounds


I needed to create a batch of tags that had lots of bright color and texture.  This assembly line process really doesn't take much more time than making just one tag.  I started by spraying manilla tags from Ranger with Dylusions spray ink, Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray and Distress spray stains.  Each one is different with the Dylusions being the brightest.  The Color Shine has a pearlescent sheen.


 Next, I places a stencil mask over the tags and then oversprayed them with another color.  You can use the same spray color for a subtle pattern.  They are looking pretty bright at this point.

The next step was adding a bit of torn paper to the side of each tag.  I chose papers with small patterns and coordinating colors.  I also inked the edges of the torn paper with distress ink.


Once the colorful backgrounds were ready, I added flowers, lace and gem stickers.  These made great Mother's Day tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment