Pinterest

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

What Did Santa Bring???


Our new challenge at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges is to show us what you created with your Christmas gifts.  I was extremely fortunate this Christmas because I received a Silhouette Cameo cutting machine from my mom and a Zutter binding machine from my sister.  I am so excited to have these tools.  I love how the Cameo works - it is so easy to use.  My sister also sent me Spellbinders dies.  I have tons of things to try!

I used the Cameo to cut the snowflake and then I embossed it a couple of times with wintery looking embossing powder.  The sentiment is made using alpha stickers and sometimes I have trouble with them sticking properly.  I corrected this problem by covering them with liquid embossing which makes a clear, glossy sealant.  Since I had a wet, sticky surface, I couldn't help but add some glitter.   I distressed and inked the edge after I stitched around it with the sewing machine.  Vintage lace finishes the card.


Here are a few intricate snowflakes that I cut on my new Cameo.



The Zutter tool allows you to bind papers together to make books in all sizes.  These spools of lace and ribbon were from my daughter, Catherine.
 

My sister also sent me a ton of Spellbinders embossing and cutting dies.  I will use these in the Vagabond.  These are all so lacy - perfect for my vintage style.  I can't wait to use these.
 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card, hun!
    Wow, you were definitely on the nice - list 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you got some fab pressies. Lovely card.Happy New Year!
    Hugs Helen P xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all your new pressies dearie.Beautiful card.Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...love that snowflake! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete