Pinterest

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Grow Your Blog 2015




I am excited to be a part of the Grow Your Blog blog hop hosted by Vicki once again this year.  It is always inspiring to get to meet new creative people and see all of the things they have made.  I am a paper crafter, and a jewelry maker and I dabble in needlework too.  I love to create cards and I am on three design teams with card challenges.  My niche is vintage style cards using lace (I put lace on almost everything I make), old papers and vintage embellishments.  I love to use fancy metal filigrees and vintage keys on my cards as well as vintage seam binding ribbon.  My favorite card making supply is Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.




Here is a collection of cards I created for a special order.  They went to a beautiful store in Ft. Worth, TX called Daisy Rose.



My latest crafting tool is the Silhouette Cameo cutting machine.  I am so excited to have received this machine for Christmas from my mom.  It really is amazing and allows me to cut wonderful things from paper, fabric, vinyl and more.  Look how intricate those snowflakes are!



My family and I have a bead and jewelry store in Joplin, Missouri and we also sell online.  I enjoy creating jewelry almost every day.  My favorite medium at the moment is using vintage components. Dry Gulch is also participating in this fabulous blog hop so stop by and see more of our unique jewelry. 



I also make lampwork beads and headpins.  Glass rods are melted with a torch and formed into one of a kind beads.  This is the batch of Valentine's Day hearts that I made last weekend.


I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me and my crafts.  Have fun hopping from blog to blog.  I am looking forward to meeting mots of new people.  I want to say thank you again to Vicki for hosting such a fun and informative blog hop.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, I'm visiting on behalf of Vicki from http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.co.uk/ and want to say thanks for joining the party! Your cards are beautiful, as is your jewellery and I'm in awe of the lampwork beads, lampwork is something I'd really like to try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are beautiful...
    I'm visiting from Vicki's Grow Your Blog hop ...
    Enjoy the day
    Best wishes from Ireland
    Fil Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer..Your cards are so pretty. I love layering all that lovely stuff. And your beads ...I've never heard of lampwork. The jewelry looks wonderful. You are so talented. How do you all of this and homeschool? Wow..What a beautiful blog you have! Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog and for sharing!
    Blessings, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your cards and beads are lovely! I'm glad to say that I'm now a follower and will be visiting often to see what you've created. It looks like I'll find inspiration here!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very nice to meet you! I love paper too. Your cards are lovely!! Definitely coming back to explore more later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings from the "Grow Your Blog Party"! So many beautiful things on your blog! I just became a follower of yours! I will be checking out your Etsy store as well! If you have an opportunity, please stop and say hello at my blog: http://gesmpccorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards and beads! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jennifer! my name is Kelly and it's so nice to meet you! Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jennifer, I was blindly reading along, enjoying your lovely cards and drooling over all those keys, when I nearly fell over after I read you live in Joplin. I moved from Webb City a few years ago, and still have a house there. Your beads are wonderful, too.

    I so enjoyed this visit, and will be back often. This is my first time here AND at GYB. http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2015/01/grow-your-blog-blog-hop-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jennifer!

    I found you through Grow Your Blog event. I enjoyed reading about you and your blog :). You are one versatile crafter - love your makes! Your cards are beautiful, I love all things vintage and have a soft spot for lace, too :). I would like to wish you every success in your blogging adventure. You have a new follower now, too! :)

    Have a happy GYB! Hugs, Asia

    If you'd like to visit me back and find out more about my blog Under a Creative Spell, that would be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work, Jennifer! You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed my visit here - card making isn't something I do, but I appreciate all the lovely designs that my card-making friends make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your creations are simply beautiful! I came from the Grow Your Blog party and had a lovely time scrolling through your posts :)

    Hugs to you! Stephanie - The Enchanting Rose

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I'm visiting from the GYBP. Your cards and art a just beautiful! You are the second blogger I've seen who mentioned the antique store in Ft. Worth. I'm going to have to make a trip over there now for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another visitor from the Grow Your Blog party. I've added you to my list of blogs to follow, and I hope you do the same for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those pretty cards and lucky you to have been gifted that fabulous cutting machine. The snowflakes are simply beautiful!
    I've popped in for a tour from GYB party and see some lovely creativity with beads too.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jennifer! Your cards are beautiful and I will be looking forward to seeing what you create using your Silhouette. I have one also, but haven't explored much with it yet. I'm always open for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are lovely and I just love your heart beads. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Cards! Will be stopping by soon to see your creations ☺

    ReplyDelete